YCat Level Two Supervised Internship
YCat Level Three Yoga Retreat for People with Cancer
+1.7184907125 • Get Directions
YCat Level One Teacher Training Curriculum Includes:
• Learning about cancer by studying the pathophysiology of cancer, the different types of cancer, cancer staging and grading, metastases, and accompanying psychosocial issues like anxiety, depression and grief
• Learning about cancer treatments—e.g., surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, immunotherapies, and targeted and hormonal therapies
• Learning about common side effects—e.g., lymphedema, fatigue, pain, nausea, neuropathy, menopause, osteoporosis, digestive and sleep disorders
• Reviewing cell biology and the organs and systems of the body for conceptual understanding
• Discussing other common chronic illnesses, aging and end of life, with specific adaptation suggestions
• Exploring adaptations in Yoga postures and movement, breathing practices, meditation, Yoga Nidra, guided imagery as well as use of sound and ritual for healing
• Studying the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali as they apply to illness and aging, while simultaneously examining one’s personal relationship with death, dying, and end of life.
• Reviewing and analyzing related Yoga and cancer research
• Developing communication skills and a professional voice for working with medical personnel
• Developing professional presentation skills in research and in giving and receiving evaluation and feedback.